[Bucardo-general] Problem with Bucardo tests

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Feb 25 15:01:26 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 23:50 +1030, Giulio Harding wrote:
> However, I'm having some trouble running the Bucardo tests. This is
> on a Centos 4.6 x86-64 server with PostgreSQL 8.3 (PGDG rpms) and
> Bucardo 3.0.8 fresh from the website. Each time I run the tests I get
> a failure at a different location. For example, using 'time make test
> TEST_VERBOSE=1 BUCARDO_KEEP_OLD_DEBUG=1 BUCARDO_TESTBAIL=1':

The tests can be a little fragile at the moment (better ones are in the
works). You can try increasing some of the timeouts (vars starting with
$ALARM or $TIMEOUT in t/01bc.t) and see if that helps. At the very
least, adjusting those might allow you to reproduce the problems
reliably. It might also be a Bucardo issue itself - hard to tell unless
the test is reproducible of course. Sorry I don't have any other
specific information at the moment. You might also check the generated
bucardo.log file to see if anything suspicious occurred around the times
of the dropped communications.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation 610-983-9073