[Bucardo-general] Help needed to get Bucardo running...

Eric vcardprocessor at vcardprocessor.com
Thu Jan 10 15:12:57 UTC 2008

Thank you for all the great work! I have some trouble getting it all together though, here are the errors I found:

Error (1) - I had to disable the validate_sync trigger otherwise I get an error that plpgsql hasn't be installed -- which is wrong?:
bucardo=# INSERT INTO sync (name, source, targetdb, synctype, checktime) VALUES ('sync_users','authorization','drupal_ericdes','swap','10 minutes');
NOTICE:  Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit disconnect() at line 29.
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('sync_users')"
ERROR:  error from Perl trigger function: error from Perl function: DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:  language "plpgsql" does not exist
HINT:  Use CREATE LANGUAGE to load the language into the database. at line 30.

But:
bucardo=# CREATE LANGUAGE plpgsql;
ERROR:  language "plpgsql" already exists

Error (2) In the logs, after starting bucardo_ctl (synchronization fails):
fc8 Bucardo[3742]: KID Warning! Child for "sync_users" was killed at line 3770: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  schema "bucardo" does not exist#012 main error: none source error: 7 target error: none

Error (3) Again, a problem with function bucardo_delete_sync():
DELETE FROM "sync" WHERE "name"='sync_users'
gives this error:
ERROR:  error from Perl trigger function: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  schema "bucardo" does not exist

System info:
Fedora 8
Postgresql 8.2.5
Bucardo-3.0.7