[Bucardo-general] Problem with bytea

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri Jan 18 20:41:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 16:29 +0000, Bruno Martins Lino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Bucardo with master-master configuration, one of my tables
> have a bytea type and the bytea data are not synchronizing correctly.
> Bucardo have any problem with bytea type? I'm doing something wrong?

Try out the most recent patches. I don't have time to work on the much
at the moment, but they pass the makedelta tests at least. There are
some schema changes: the validate_sync() function has changed, to
support separate triggers when the primary key is bytea. Not sure how
well this will play with existing Bucardo setups: it is best to start
fresh, but if not it will probably create new triggers and you can then
delete the old ones (the old ones had three separate triggers for
insert, update, and delete, going to three functions; the new style has
a single trigger and a single function (plus a binary version of the
function). It's doing a lot of encode/decode behind the scenes, so don't
expect it to be blazingly fast - but comparing large bytea blobs is
never going to be so.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com