[Bucardo-general] DDL statements

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu Jun 19 15:57:56 UTC 2008

> > No changes are needed, as long as you aren't messing with the
> > primary keys.
>     I'm guessing that if I do mess with them, the best thing to do is
> remove the table from replication and re-add it with my new PK?

It really depends on what the changes are, and if you can suffer the
tables going out of sync or not. Renaming the primary key column should be
fine. Changing the type will work in theory, but the indexes on the delta
table might be ineffective and need to be updated for best performance.
Since we don't support multi-primary key tables yet (being worked on!),
going from single to multiple is a moot point. Removing from replication
and rea-dding will work as well, of course, with some caveats. All
replication must be caught up before the table is removed, and no changes
should be made to the table before it gets re-added (and thus gets a new
trigger).

An interesting question, I'll have to add some relevant tests for such
events.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com