[Bucardo-general] ERROR: permission denied to set parameter "session_replication_role"

Bill bill at netarus.com
Tue Jun 24 18:18:54 UTC 2008

Hi all,
  I am receiving the following error :

Bucardo[10952]: KID Warning! Child for "mine" was killed at line 3490:
DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:  permission denied to set parameter
"session_replication_role"  main error: none source error: none target
error: 7

during what should be my sync (after startup).  I've attached my log for
completeness and here are some details that might help.

bucardo running on same host as myMasterDB
databases : myMasterDB and dbSlave1 (1 master, one slave).
sync type : dbGroup (with one active db, more to come), pushdeltas and
replica for both disable_triggers and disable_rules
postgresql : 8.3.3 (rpms for rhel4 from postgresql.org)

Perl + Packages :
perl 5.8.5
DBI : 1.604
DBD::Pg : 1.49
Moose : 0.18
IO::Handle : 1.27
Sys::Hostname : 1.11
Sys::Syslog : 0.25
Mail::Sendmail : 0.79
ExtUtils::MakeMaker : 6.44
DBIx::Safe : 1.2.4

Obviously this is one of the dbServers (which one i don't know) complaining
about privs, although all the usernames from the db table (in bucardo) are
the owners of the schemas and tables (so should have plenty of privs).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.