[Bucardo-general] Problem while adding new sync

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Thu May 15 11:53:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, 13 May 2008 16:36:36 +0200
"Christian Gmeiner" <christian.gmeiner at gmail.com> wrote:

> This happens when I want to add a swap sync:
>
> DEBUG:  StartTransactionCommand

You don't need to set the error reporting level this low: DEBUG is way too
verbose, just NOTICE should be fine.

> CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('test_sync')"
> ERROR:  language "plpgsql" does not exist
> HINT:  Use CREATE LANGUAGE to load the language into the database.
> The strange thing: I get 'language "plpgsql" already exists' when i
> run CREATE LANGUAGE plpgsql;

Make sure you are running the CREATE LANGUAGE command on all the databases
Bucardo is going to use - in this case, it's probably complaining about
plpgsql missing on the remote database, not the one that the Bucardo
system itself is installed on.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
End Point Corporation 610-983-9073