[Bucardo-general] Bucardo

Imre Geczy imre.geczy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 14:15:09 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I tried to use Bucardo with Postgres 8.1.13 but have found any error.
I have taken an sample script for my test from https://mail.endcrypt.com/pipermail/bucardo-general/2007-October/000006.html ,
because my script did not work first time. But this sample script is not working also.

I wanted to do just an simple test database, but when filled parameters in Bucardo's tables, error return are at bucardo.herdmap from PostgreSQL.
(ERROR:  error from Perl trigger function: relation "herdmap" does not exist at line 15.)

-- Executing query:
INSERT INTO bucardo.db(name,dbname,dbhost,dbuser) VALUES  ( 'test1','test1','localhost','user','password');

-- Executing query:
INSERT INTO bucardo.db(name,dbname,dbhost,dbuser,dbpass) VALUES  ( 'test1','test1','localhost','user','password');

Query returned successfully: 1 rows affected, 309 ms execution time.

-- Executing query:
INSERT INTO bucardo.db(name,dbname,dbhost,dbuser,dbpass) VALUES  ( 'test2','test2','localhost','user','password');

Query returned successfully: 1 rows affected, 14 ms execution time.

-- Executing query:
INSERT INTO bucardo.goat(db,tablename,pkey,pkeytype,standard_conflict) VALUES
('test1', 'name','id','int','source');

Query returned successfully: 1 rows affected, 1 ms execution time.

-- Executing query:
INSERT INTO bucardo.herd(name) VALUES ('test_herd');

Query returned successfully: 1 rows affected, 1 ms execution time.
-- Executing query:
INSERT INTO bucardo.herdmap(herd,goat) SELECT 'test_herd', id from bucardo.goat where
db='test1' and tablename in ('name');

ERROR:  error from Perl trigger function: relation "herdmap" does not exist at line 15.

What did I do badly? or What have to do? Because it is a simple database's method and I think that, it is an stored procedure in perl script in postgres.
I have seen description on http://bucardo.org/bucardo.html but it is including some error at database options also.

I expect an idea of somebody!

Thanks!

Imre