[Bucardo-general] error running tests on Debian lenny

Dafydd Walters dafydd at walters-home.net
Tue Sep 23 15:15:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

Khusro Jaleel wrote:
> Hi, I'm getting the following error when trying to run
>
> time make test TEST_VERBOSE=1
>
> on a Debian Lenny (testing) machine with perl 5.10. Everything
> (Bucardo, DBIx, Test::Dynamic) compile and install fine and the DB
> schema is created as well. I've checked the list of install modules,
> and everything listed by Bucardo has been installed. The errors are:
>
> /usr/bin/perl t/bucardo.test.helper
> PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
> "test_harness(1, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
> t/01bc....Can't use string ("Test::Dynamic") as a HASH ref while
> "strict refs" in use at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/Test/Dynamic.pm
> line 30.
>  No subtests run

If it's any consolation, I experienced the exact same error message
after setting up Bucardo on Debian Etch (never resolved it, as my Perl
is a bit too rusty), but replication seems to be working fine.

Even though I couldn't run the tests, my multi-master replication set-up
across two remote servers does seem to be working beautifully.

It would be good if someone with Perl expertise could share any insights
on this problem, though, as it would be nice to see all the tests run
through successfully, just for peace of mind.

Regards.
Dafydd.