[Bucardo-general] Bucardo will only replicate a single table - what I am doing wrong?

Dafydd Walters dafydd at walters-home.net
Tue Sep 23 15:16:03 UTC 2008

Hello Richard,

> I've got Bucardo running OK (I think).  I can get it to replicate data
> in a multimaster setup using swap as the type of replication.  I have
> two database on a single machine (while testing the setup) and I can
> get Bucardo to replicate on only one table!  I've obviously messed it
> up somewhere but I can't see it - anybody got any ideas?

I'm a Bucardo newbie myself, but I did experience something similar, so
I'll share what I found ...

This happened to me (tables not replicating) after I had messed around
with the structure of the database I was replicating (dropping and
re-adding tables).

What I found was if I re-added the tables to the Bucardo goat table, the
replication started working again.

I assume it has something to do with the fact that Bucardo adds its own
triggers and stored procedures to the tables it's replicating (stands to
reason), so by messing around with the tables in my database, those
triggers had been lost.

What I do now is any time I change anything in my database schema, I
completely re-initialise the Bucardo config (basically, I run a script
which first deletes everything from goat, herd, etc., and adds it all
again).

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dafydd.