[Bucardo-general] problem report - schema

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Aug 31 18:50:06 UTC 2009

> The database schema does not give herd-map table (and perhaps others)
> a primary key. This means that standard editing programs like
> phppgadmin and pgadmin3 will not allow editing the records.
>
> workaround:
>
> I added a primary key consisting of the herd and goat fields
> together.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't see an immediate problem[1] with doing
that, so I'll add a unique index to the schema for those two columns. I
can't promise to alter other tables however, just because phppgadmin
requires a primary key. Let us know other tables that cause problems,
and we'll handle them on a case by case basis.

[1] It's possible someone might want to have the same herdmap entry
twice with different priorities, but that seems very unlikely. If
someone does use Bucardo that way, let me know and I'll add that column
to the unique index.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com