[Bucardo-general] must specify a primary key when using a sync of 'pushdelta' at line 263.

akp geek akpgeek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 20:16:15 UTC 2009

Dear all -

                   I have setup bucardo for replication.  when I run the
following command
bash-3.00$ bucardo_ctl add sync Delta_Demo source=herd_demo
targetdb=slave_demo  type=pushdelta
I got the following error

CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT validate_sync('Delta_Demo_101')"
Failed to add sync: DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  error from Perl
function "validate_sync": error from Perl function "validate_sync": Table
"staging.metadata" must specify a primary key when using a sync of
'pushdelta' at line 263. at line 30. at
/opt/postgres/perl_5_10_0/bin/bucardo_ctl line 3349.

does that mean that I have to have primary key defined on every table in the
database inorder to replicate?

Kind regards