[Bucardo-general] Detect ALTER TABLE

Adam Wendt thelsdj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 21:13:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

Just ran into a situation where I added some columns to a table without
restarting bucardo and realized a few days later that the changes weren't
picked up so none of the data was replicated.

I did add the columns manually on the slave at the same time as I did on the
master (pushdelta sync) but didn't realize I would have to restart bucardo
to get the new columns replicated.

Is there a way we can change bucardo to handle this situation better? I know
the main issue was human error, but loss of data is bad regardless.

Thanks,

Adam
Adam Wendt Consulting