[Bucardo-general] Sequence of events.

Lev Tannen levtannen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:51:47 UTC 2009

Hello,

I was playing with Bucardo for some time. It worked fine. But there was
something I did not understand.
I created a two database system with master to master replication. I tried
to populate the system from scratch using a backup created on another
system. The backup is essentially a big number of insert statements (around
1000000) broken into bunches of 50000 records by BEGIN TRANSACTION and END
TRANSACTION brackets. I run this backup file on one side and expected  data
to appear on other side through replication. To my amusement this did
happened. Everything was replicated.  However a way how it happened puzzled
me. The process of inserting data on one side took about two hours. Even at
the very end of the inserting process only small amount of data had been
replicated. I checked the bucardo_delta table and the q table and did not
find any records. I thought the replication was broken. However when
inserting had finished the sync sudenly awoke and data began pumping down to
the other side.

Obviously I do not understand something in the replicatuion process.
Could anybody please explain me  where replication data had been stored?

Thank you,
Lev Tannen