[Bucardo-general] What could be a cause for so big delay?

Lev Tannen levtannen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 19:22:16 UTC 2009

Hello,

While experimenting with Bucardo, I wrote a java program inserted about 3000
records in a loop. I was interesting how long it would take for Bucardo to
replicate the rows. It took 21 sec  to insert. But it took more then half an
hour  to replicate!!!!
I tried to watch a log during that time. I am definitely not fluent in
reading the Bucardo log.  To me it was doing nothing for the whole half an
hour, then suddenly awoke and inserted all records at once.
Could anybody please explain me why did  it take so much time? It does not
look like it is caused by some bottleneck. Could it be that I set
accidentally some parameter to a wrong value?

Thank you,
Lev Tannen