[Bucardo-general] Patch, bucardo.db_getconn(text) and pgpass

Ben Allen bsa at lanl.gov
Sun Mar 29 04:53:44 UTC 2009

So I found some code that makes reading a pgpass file not work so hot
when the pgpass file has more than one entry.

Currently the db_getconn function opens the pgpass file for a second
time and uses the attributes (more than just password) from the file
instead of what is in the db table. This is after the password is read
in from the file. The problem with the code as it was is it takes the
first entry in the pgpass file that has the correct format. Where as
the pervious password related code matches the correct line. So my
solution is to simply delete this large block of code as its seems
redundant unless we want attributes to override those in the database
( I sure don't want that ).

Regards,

Ben