[Bucardo-general] Bucardo Custom Triggers, RE: Patch to Enable Filtering in bucardo_add_delta functions

Ben Allen bsa at lanl.gov
Wed May 6 04:52:40 UTC 2009

Here is what I've come up with for a better custom trigger
implementation. I've added a new table in the bucardo DB named
bucardo_custom_trigger as follows:

id - row id
goat - FK to goat table
trigger_name - random descriptive name of row. Not used anywhere in
code.
trigger_type - Either 'triggerkick' or 'delta'
trigger_language - Defaults to plpgsql. Is inserted in the function
dynamically as such:
	CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION bucardo.$func1()
	RETURNS TRIGGER
	LANGUAGE $rv->{rows}[0]{trigger_language}
trigger_body - The actual code of the function, i.e. everything right
after the AS. So your code needs to start with BEGIN and end with END.
Trigger_body is wrapped in two $$ so no need to include them.
trigger_level - Used for the triggerkick custom trigger. Can be set to
either ROW or STATEMENT. Used to set triggerkick's to ROW if you need
additional info to work with. Note: 'delta' custom triggers don't pay
attention to this value.
status - Only 'active' rows are used.

For triggerkick triggers a new function is created with the default
$func0 appended with _$info->{tablename}.

I've only done limited testing with this code, so let me know if you
see anything amiss. It appears to work in my specific schema and
custom trigger entries (see attachments).

GitHub soon? ;-)

Regards,

Ben Allen