[Bucardo-general] bug report - a bit urgent

Grant Maxwell grant.maxwell at maxan.com.au
Wed Sep 2 12:59:13 UTC 2009

Hi guys

  I have now installed the recent dev version of bucardo posted as a
tar.gz file. (4.0)

The custom code runs but has highlited a possible bug: When the
exception handler code is run the "rowinfo" hash ref is empty.

To demonstrate this:

This is the code im using.

use Sys::Syslog;
use DBIx::Safe;
use strict;
use warnings;

my ($result) = @_;
if ($result->{dummy}){
	$result->{action} = 0;
	$result->{message} = "returning from code test";
	return;
} else {
#
my $keylist;
foreach my $item (keys %{$result->{dmlcount}}){
#
    $keylist .= "$item ";
#
}

	$result->{message} = "mykeys=$keylist";
	$result->{action} = 0;
}

This produces lines in the log as follows.

e/perl/5.10.0/Bucardo.pm line 4561.
Aug 31 12:50:46 theconsole Bucardo[4949]: KID Rolling back to target
savepoint, due to database error: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates
unique constraint "tblmailaddresslist_emailaddress_key" CONTEXT:  COPY
tblmailaddresslist, line 1575: "1420149^Ino-
reply at appgetforum.com^I2009-08-30 20:37:42.131121+10^If^I1^I0^I0^I0"
Aug 31 12:50:46 theconsole Bucardo[4949]: KID Trying exception code 1:
mailaddress_in
Aug 31 12:50:46 theconsole Bucardo[4949]: KID Running exception custom
code 1: mailaddress_in
Aug 31 12:50:46 theconsole Bucardo[4949]: KID Finished custom code 1
Aug 31 12:50:46 theconsole Bucardo[4949]: KID Message from exception
code 1: mykeys=allupdates D I alldeletes allinserts
                                                                                                                                                ^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
										indicates that the dmlcount member has items. All good.

When the "foreach" line of code:
foreach my $item (keys %{$result->{dmlcount}}){
is changed to
foreach my $item (keys %{$result->{rowinfo}}){

The following lines appear in the log.

Aug 31 12:58:56 theconsole Bucardo[5375]: KID Rolling back to target
savepoint, due to database error: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates
unique constraint "tblmailaddresslist_emailaddress_key" CONTEXT:  COPY
tblmailaddresslist, line 319:
"2000000473^IAmsriel at someworld.com^I2009-08-30
20:29:00.87048+10^If^I1^I0^I0^I0"
Aug 31 12:58:56 theconsole Bucardo[5379]: KID Total delta count: 0
Aug 31 12:58:56 theconsole Bucardo[5375]: KID Trying exception code 1:
mailaddress_in
Aug 31 12:58:56 theconsole Bucardo[5375]: KID Running exception custom
code 1: mailaddress_in
Aug 31 12:58:56 theconsole Bucardo[5375]: KID Finished custom code 1
Aug 31 12:58:56 theconsole Bucardo[5375]: KID Message from exception
code 1: mykeys=
                                                                                                                                   ^
^^^^^^^^^^^^
								indicating an empty hash. All bad.

This problem is a bit urgent for me so help would be appreciated .

kind regards
Grant

> P please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-
mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail
with the subject heading "Received in error" or telephone +61 2
80050094, then delete the email and destroy any copies of it. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this e-mail and any attachments that do not relate to
the business of the maXan are neither given nor endorsed by it.