[Bucardo-general] Mae Test - Bucardo Installation

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Sep 30 14:49:28 UTC 2009

>          I am in the process of installing Bucardo. I could able to run the
> perl Makefile.PL and gmake. Now I need to run the gmake test. I have the
> following question.
> I have opened the file bucardo.test.data, It is has Bucardo database, first
> database , second database ,third database  and fourth database.
> I would like to know which one should be used  to run gmake test

Sorry for the confusion. That file (bucardo.test.data) is not used
anymore: I'll make it sure it gets removed from the tarball by the next
release. You should just be able to run "gmake test" and have it run the
tests without modifying anything. The only requirement is that you have
"initdb" in your path.

The tests are rather complex, so don't be surprised if some of them
fail. We're working all the time on making them more robust, but it's
hard to write good tests for something like Bucardo. Of course, if they
do fail, please let us know on this list so we can make them work!

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com