[Bucardo-general] Many multi-master replication

Chris Keane chris.keane at zzgi.com
Fri Aug 20 00:16:33 UTC 2010

Hey all,

We've successfully been using Bucardo for swap replication between two
masters (a primary, internet-based database and a remote intermittently
connected database). Of course, never ones to rest on our laurels we now
need to find a solution for a new problem: a central internet-based
database with SEVERAL remote intermittently connected databases.
Unfortunately the remotes still need to be masters because they're
basically driving an interactive application in very remote locations,
but need to sync with the internet-based server and all the other
remotes every now and then.

I could play around with this for a while but I'm sure I'd never really
find the real answer...!

Let's make the assumption that I can guarantee that there will be no
primary key conflicts between data originating at any of the servers,
whether central or remote. Is there any way to trick Bucardo into
allowing what is basically a multi-way swap, perhaps though makedelta
trickery?

Chris.