[Bucardo-general] MCP Warning! Sequence mismatch

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Aug 31 14:18:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 05:25:51PM -0400, akp geek wrote:
>    Dear experts -
>    ** * * * * *I am using bucardo to replicate sequences . I am getting the
>    following error . I*appreciate*your help in this regard. Also how does the
>    sequence replication work? for table it is triggers?

Those messages are harmless, it just means sequences are not in sync
on startup. Rather than triggers, we store the last replicated value
in the bucardo_sequences table. Then we compare that with the current
sequence information from "SELECT * FROM sequence_name".

The sequence work was bolted on without a lot of scrutiny before 4.4.0,
but I'm in the process of rewriting the whole thing for the next version,
which will work much better than the current way.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com