[Bucardo-general] Question on bucardo support on PostgreSQL 8.0

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Feb 16 16:25:19 UTC 2010

> I would like to know if the bucardo replication solution supports
> PostgreSQL 8.0. I know the documentation states PostgreSQL 8.1 but the
> system I am working on is 8.0.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh, but with 8.0, you are pretty much
on your own. As far as I know, only 8.1 has been tested, and even that
took a little tweaking to get it to work properly. 8.0 is expected to
be "end of lifed" by the Postgres project very soon.

I can't recall offhand why the 8.1 requirement, but you can always try
8.0 out yourself and report any problems to this list, and we'll let you
know quick if it's something we can fix or if it's simply not possible
to support 8.0.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com