[Bucardo-general] Replicate different Database on the same server using Bucardo

Joshua Tolley josh at endpoint.com
Tue Feb 23 15:25:15 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:24:30AM -0500, akp geek wrote:
>      You'll also, of course, need the bucardo schema in each database
>      you're replicating, and to specify distinct pidfile directories (and
>      probably also distinct log file locations, too -- unless you want half
>      your log traffic to be noise relative to what you're looking for at
>      any one time) for each MCP you have running.  I'm having trouble
>      remembering how to specify different log files offhand, though.  Greg?
>       Joshua?  Beuller?

I'd install bucardo twice, in two different directories, to make sure things
stayed separate.

>      All that said, I don't think you strictly need separate MCPs running
>      to replicate multiple databases.  You should be able to coordinate all
>      that with separate entries in the bucardo.db table, and distinct goats
>      and herds appropriately associated with them.
>
>      What's the recommended practice for this kind of scenario?

Here's the key, I'd say. You don't need multiple instances of Bucardo just to
replicate two separate databases. Simply add the new source and destination
databases to your existing bucardo setup (e.g. bucardo_ctl add db ...), add
the objects you want to replicate, and add another sync.

--
Josh Tolley  josh at endpoint.com  801-987-0252
End Point Corporation