[Bucardo-general] DOwn to hell with documentation :)

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Jan 13 14:50:02 UTC 2010

> Seems to me that there is problem with password definition in
> bucardo....from source code is clear that this parameter is gotten from
> ~/.bucardorc ...but here is the point...What about some documentation
> telling which params and in which format write to bucardorc file ?

We have some documentation on that here:

http://bucardo.org/wiki/Bucardo/bucardorc

> Maybe i can make some simple configuration menu to create bucardorc
> file...and best solution should be to insert bucardorc file to
> /etc/bucardo as is usual on linux/unix systems...but this is for
> considering from You, creators of this excelent script(this is no
> ironic, i love that a much).

I think that's probably a decision for each distro packager. I'm not
sure it's something we should be doing with 'make install', but it
sounds like a good idea: just an empty file with some explanatory
comments at the top. I'm not comfortable hard-coding the file path into
the makefile, but we already have it as a hard-coded read in
bucardo_ctl. Maybe we can even pre-populate it, as somewhat suggested
above. Opinions?

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com