[Bucardo-general] bucardo - replication small clarification

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed Jan 13 15:19:00 UTC 2010

>                 I have set up Bucardo for the replication. for the tables
> with primary keys , it works fine. We have some tables where we don't have
> keys. For those tables without keys, I am planning to set up the full copy.
> Will Bucardo do a full copy every time a change is noticed in the master. or
> will there be any other way of handling the scenario

A fullcopy sync will only run each time if the sync-level ping is set to
true, or if a table's ping is set to true. You can set it up to do the
fullcopy anytime something changes by using ping, but many people prefer
to do external manual kicks (e.g. by cronjob) to prevent copying large
number of rows all the time.

If the tables are small, you can probably just set the sync to ping. If
larger, consider adding a primary key to the tables and switching to
pushdelta, or only copying them at certain intervals by cron-driven kicks.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com