[Bucardo-general] limiting update record counts

Grant Maxwell grant.maxwell at maxan.com.au
Sun Jan 31 05:27:53 UTC 2010

Hi

I am doing a master - master - master replication using custom conflict management code. It all works quite well, however
I get a LOT of conflicts and syncs in some cases have to deal with thousands of records at a time.

The problem is that each time it deals with a conflict and tells bucardo to "try again" bucardo has to deal with all those thousands of records again. and again.

I would like to limit how many records bucardo is allowed to replicate in one sync. This would mean we are running more syncs, but more of them would succeed.

Would another approach be for bucardo to simply mark the conflicts and deal with them at the end so that the bulk of the sync works. It could then feed the conflicts to
the custom code which would deal with them in a flash.

Can anyone help with this please ?

I'm using 4.4.0.

regards
Grant