[Bucardo-general] portmanager and DBIx-Safe

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Jul 12 14:51:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:27:55AM +0800, Douglas Tan wrote:
> I'm having issues with updating ports on FreeBSD with DBIx-Safe
> installed. It fails and complains that DBIx-Safe is corrupt.

FreeBSD issues are outside the scope of this list. In other words,
I have no idea why this is failing :) You might try asking on
#freebsd on irc.freenode.net - if they don't have the answer, they
should at least be able to point you in the right direction. And please
let us know here what you find.

If all else fails, you could simple install DBIx::Safe manually
via unpacking the tarball, perl Makefile.PL, and make install.
It's not the 'BSD way' but it's a very simple and non-intrusive
module that is only used by Bucardo.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com