[Bucardo-general] Bucardo help

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Tue Jun 1 15:47:11 UTC 2010

> Thanks for the reply. I have one more query regarding the data
>  transfer. I have enabled data propagation between two sites for one
>  table. I have put triggers on the table on the targetdb for
>  performing some additional operation when data comes from
>  source. But the triggers don't get fired when the data comes in. Are
>  you disabling the triggers on targetdb before syncing the data? Is
>  there any change I can make to avoid the disabling of triggers at
>  targetdb.

Yes, triggers are always disabled, on purpose. This is a desired thing,
as Bucardo replicates the data, including any and all effects of triggers
firing. If you really need certain triggers to fire on the slave, you
can mark them as 'replica' triggers and they will still fire. This assumes
the slave is 8.3 or better. If using 8.2 or below, there is no way to
have them fire. See the syntax on ALTER TABLE for how to modify the
triggers.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com