[Bucardo-general] Could not add to q sync=_swap, source=aumaster, target=usmaster, count=1. Sending manual notification

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Sun Jun 27 23:16:15 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 08:29:11AM +0200, Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> Is this normal?  If so what's it trying to tell me please?
>
> Sun Jun 27 01:26:15 2010] CTL Could not add to q
> sync=sorbs2_swap,source=aumaster,target=usmaster,count=1. Sending manual
> notification

Yes, this is normal. It means that a trigger has requested a sync to run,
but because a previous sync of the same type was already running, there is
no need to start a new sync. All it can do is send the existing sync
a notification so it knows more data is ready to go. If you see a lot of
those, you might cconsider setting the sync to ping=off (no triggers), and
use the checktime parameter to have the sync occur, for example, every
15 seconds instead of constantly firing due to triggers.

None of which means that nothing *isn't* wrong, but those messages are
generally harmless. A better indicator of problems is to look for anything
in the bucardo.warnings file or if the data is not actually getting
replicated.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com