[Bucardo-general] overlapping master/slave replication, and rules on the slave

Nick Farrell nicholas.farrell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 00:45:54 UTC 2010

Thanks for the replies.

I am indeed using different primary key allocation strategies on each of
the master clusters: they are actually composite keys, made up of a
sequence, and a cluster-specific identifier. The benefit of this is I
can scale up the number of clusters without fiddling with sequence
numbers, at the cost of an extra PK column.

Thanks also for the info on the rules. I'll play a little with Bucardo
now, and see how it goes.

Nick.