[Bucardo-general] quoted table/column names

Matt Machnee matt.machnee at primefocusworld.com
Wed Mar 31 15:52:48 UTC 2010

I'm testing out Bucardo for multi-master replication, but running into
some issues.
Our legacy database has quoted table names and columns, so I tried with
a simple case:

CREATE TABLE test.repl
(
   "ID" bigserial NOT NULL,
   "Name" character varying(200) NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY ("ID")
)

This is the error I'm getting with the test case, and with our real tables:

     KID Warning! Aborting due to exception for test.repl."ID": 1
     Error was DBD::Pg::st execute failed:
     ERROR:  null value in column "Name" violates not-null constraint
     at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Bucardo.pm line 5711

If I remove the not null constraints, then it sets everything to null in
the update.
Are quoted object names supported?

Matt Machnee