[Bucardo-general] Logrotate

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon May 3 15:15:21 UTC 2010

>    I'm struggling with a log file that grows really quickly and can become
>    several gb in just days. Is there anyway to control the level of what
>    is beeing logged, and also to set up some sort of logrotate in Bucardo?

There is no way to control what is being logged, but there should be in
the next version (4.5.0). You can look through your logs and comment out
the more common log lines from Bucardo.pm until them.

You should also be able to use the standard logrotate tool for the logs. The
easiest way to do this is to send the Bucardo logs to syslog. Just set
debugsyslog=1 and debugfile=0 inside of your bucardorc file (or
as arguments to bucardo_ctl).

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com