[Bucardo-general] bucardorc

Rosser Schwarz rosser.schwarz at gmail.com
Fri May 21 16:22:05 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Jon Jensen <jon at endpoint.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 May 2010, Matt Rosales wrote:
>> Bucardo is designed to replicate master to master or slave to slave, but
>> a you sound like you need Slony instead, which keeps slaves up to date
>> based on a master.

> Matt, your assessment of Bucardo is not correct. Bucardo has first-class
> support for master-to-slave replication, for any number of slaves. That's
> been part of its feature set since its earliest iteration.

Jon beat me to it.  I was also going to follow up, as someone who has
used Bucardo for master-slaves in production, and been quite happy
with it.  My environment "only" had four slaves, but their master was
also in a master-mater relationship with yet another host (which was,
in turn, master in its own master-slave setup...)

You can't beat that kind of flexibility, IMO.

rls

--
:wq