[Bucardo-general] Bucardo Replication question on sequences

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed May 26 14:34:52 UTC 2010

> > question. We have sequences in our master database. In case of disaster, if
> > the slave becomes the main database, How can I handle the sequences. can you
> > please share your thoughts. Appreciate your help

> you need to change sequences
> machine 1  sequences = 1, 3, 5, 7, 9
> machine 2  sequences = 0, 2, 4, 6, 8

Offset sequences is a common strategy on a master-master setup, but I think
the original poster was asking about a master-slave scenario. In that case, you
can simply add the sequences to your sync, and Bucardo will replicate them. For
example:

bucardo_ctl add your_sequence_name db=dbname

bucardo_ctl update sync mysync add your_sequence_name

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com