[Bucardo-general] Bucardo Replication question on sequences

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Wed May 26 20:29:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 01:25:29PM -0400, akp geek wrote:
>    Thank you for the input. I have small a clarification to ask, I have
>    started the replication and it is in the process. Can I run the
>    following commands to take care of the sequences.

I'm not sure what you mean by "following commands" but you should be
able to add the sequences in and then kick the syncs, and things
should just work. Unlike tables, sequences are very lightweight and
thus do not need a onetimecopy step.

The easiest way is to test out the system yourself: add the sequence
to Bucardo, add that sequence to a sync, then insert a row and make sure
the slave has the new sequence value.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com