[Bucardo-general] size of q table

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Nov 1 16:11:15 UTC 2010

> '1 day' is sorta arbitrary.  Josh mentions that these functions
> won't clear out stuff that's still needed anyway, so I don't think the
> interval can hurt to be shorter.

Yep: the general rule of thumb is to set it to five minutes! All it does
is move completed q entries (which will never be needed again by
Bucardo) to the master_q table, for archiving purposes.

FWIW, the next version of Bucardo won't have a q table at all. :) Whether
or not what's sort of replacing it will need maintenance like the q
table does is still an open question.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com