[Bucardo-general] understanding RUN time in bucardo_ctl status

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Nov 12 22:27:36 UTC 2010

Hi, everybody,

I'm trying to understand how the RUN time in bucardo_ctl status is related to the last_good time on disk.  I'm seeing what looks like anomalous data, but probably I'm missing something.

To try to get a handle on this, I logged 'bucardo_ctl status' to a log file every 10 seconds, and I occasionally get some high RUN times (seemingly wall-clock correlated on a daily basis).  What's confusing me, is that while the RUN time is increasing, the last_good time is changing and staying small.  An excerpt follows below.

Looking through the log file for the "KID Finished syncing" summaries, none of them report > 5 seconds throughout the troublesome periods.  And, usually, the RUN times behave how I thought I understood them.

I've got the machine fairly well instrumented and there don't seem to be any major resource utilization spikes at the time either.

Is there a concurrency aspect I'm missing?

Thanks,
-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle