[Bucardo-general] Adding sync fails due to missing custom type definition

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Nov 22 03:23:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 10:20:02PM -0500, Alex Balashov wrote:
> It seems like Bucardo was trying to cast the prefix_range type in
> the public schema to the one in the bucardo schema, without
> realising they are the same type.  The 'prefix' package does not
> provide a cast operator for that, so I solved the problem with this
> ugly hack:
> Suggestions on more elegant solutions appreciated.  :-)

That may be the best for now. I'd consider it a bug, but the next
version of Bucardo is so changed I'm not even sure it will be a
problem anymore. But please bug the list and/or file a bugzilla
report if so. (When I say next version, I mean the one after the
one in git - I've been doing a lot of local rewriting. Will clean
it up and make a branch soon probably).

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com