[Bucardo-general] Concurrency errors when replicating a master to two slaves and installation experiences

Geoff Williams gjsw at utas.edu.au
Fri Oct 29 02:28:21 UTC 2010

Hi again,

Snip:
> Concurrency:
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> I wanted to replicate a master database to two slaves. I did this by:
> 1) adding all three databases to bucardo
> 2) adding all tables and syncs from the master database
> 3) created 2x syncs, one from master -> slave1 and another from
> master -> slave2
>
> I think this is the way to do it?

Of course this is not the way to do multi slave replication.  I'd
overlooked that bucardo can setup a dbgroup to push changes to a group
of databases in one go.  The correct way is to setup a dbgroup and have
only one sync that replicates to all members of the group.

I tried doing this and it seems to be working.

Thanks,
Geoff