[Bucardo-general] when to use swap vs. pushdelta

Marc Farnum Rendino mvgfr1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:02:41 UTC 2011

Folks -

In my config there are two masters, only one of which will be
available to users at any given time, though I want replication to
happen as long as the masters can reach each other. It looks like
this:

- Server A: Handles all users as long as it's online; also runs Bucardo.

- Server B: Exists to serve IFF server A is unavailable. As soon as
Server A becomes available again, it takes over.

(The control is via a third server that switches between A & B by
simply updating DNS, invisibly to users.)

Given this (especially that only one will be in active use at a time),
it seems that pushdelta offers advantages (ex: performance) vs. swap,
right?

Is there any reason not to use pushdelta in such a config?

Thanks,

Marc