[Bucardo-general] private key vs. unique index

Marc Farnum Rendino mvgfr1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:09:05 UTC 2011

Folks -

I've got some tables that I want to replicate with Bucardo, that do
not have a private key, but do have a unique index.

In my reading of the info online (including lots of good stuff on this
list!), I see that:

1) Either is required (to use a sync other than fullcopy).

2) Bucardo keeps a table with the private key (only; not the whole
row) that needs to be replicated.

However, in the case where there's only a unique index instead of a
private key, does this create any potential problems, additional
overhead, etc.?

Thanks,

Marc