[Bucardo-general] install errors (missing prerequisites) - bucardo 4.4.6

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Mon Aug 1 15:08:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 04:37:38AM -0400, Jonathan Brinkman wrote:
> When I try to install bucardo 4.4.6 I get a new error (I'm used to
> installing 4.4.2).

Something else must have changed, as we've always had those prereqs,
going back way before 4.4.2. Others have already pointed out the commands
needed, but...

> Why can't the install process check and install the prerequisites for me if
> they don't exist?

That's outside the scope of the installer; it is very OS-dependent and
requires root privs, among other things. However, we could certainly
be more verbose about it and offer suggestions during the install
and/or inside the docs. I'll create a bug about that, thanks!

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com