[Bucardo-general] replication on different host

Sam Nelson samn at consistentstate.com
Tue Aug 23 15:02:17 UTC 2011

--dbhost and such are directions for bucardo's control database.  What you
want is:

bucardo_ctl add database DATABASE host=HOST port=PORT

If DATABASE is the same name as another database that you have added or will
add, you will need to use the name=NAME option to give the database a
different internal name.

Here's the full list of options for when you add a database (from
"bucardo_ctl help add database"):

bucardo_ctl help add database
Usage: add db <name> [optional information]
Adds a database

Optional information:
 name=internal_name (defaults to the database name)
 host=hostname      (defaults to none: Unix socket)
 user=username      (defaults to 'bucardo')
 port=#             (defaults to system default, usually 5432)
 group=groupname    (database group, will be created if needed)
 conn=string        (extra connection parameters, e.g. "sslmode=require")
 status=status      (active or inactive, defaults to 'active')
 sourcelimit=#      (maximum concurrent reads from this database. Default is
0 (no limit))
 targetlimit=#      (maximum concurrent writes from this database. Default
is 0 (no limit))
 ssp=#              (if server-side prepares are used, defaults to 1 (on))

---
Samuel Nelson
Consistent State
www.consistentstate.com