[Bucardo-general] cron

Mathieu Arnold mat at mat.cc
Fri Jan 14 23:08:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

I noticed today a word about dropping old freezer.child_q_YYYYMMDD in the
Cron page of the web site. Just as I was wondering why my bucardo database
was growing... :-)

I do get the idea that I can drop old ones if I don't want to "keep the
data" so, I added a cron :
10 12 * * * root /usr/local/bin/psql -c "DROP TABLE freezer.child_q_`date
-v -2d +%Y%m%d`;" bucardo bucardo

which should do what I need. (That is, drop the table of the day before
yesterday at 12h10 each day.)

Now, I don't get why I need to also put a DELETE statement to "which cleans
up q table entries that do not get taken care of by the
bucardo_purge_q_table function" which feels wrong, kinda.

Anyone would care to comment on that part ?

Regards,

--
Mathieu Arnold