[Bucardo-general] bucardo_delta cleanup for B5

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri Jun 3 02:47:47 UTC 2011

> What is the full set of appropriate maintenance tasks to
> run at this moment in time / stage of development to ensure
> that the tables don't get too big and things don't grind to a halt?

At the moment, I think the only thing that's needed is to
keep the deltas clean, which you can do by running
bucardo_purge_delta. The syncrun table is a possible cause of
concern - it never gets cleared out, so over time could become
quite large. If you find it is becoming an issue, or just
want to be safe, you can clean out old entries by doing
something like:

DELETE FROM syncrun
WHERE ended IS NOT NULL
AND NOT lastgood
AND NOT lastbad;

Of course, you can always truncate that table at any
time as well, preferably when Bucardo is stopped so
as not to confuse it. No harm will come from doing so,
it is primarily there to provide the information that
bucardo_ctl status gives.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com