[Bucardo-general] Residual records in bucardo.bucardo_delta!?

Kim A. Brandt kimabrandt at gmx.de
Thu Jun 23 15:30:09 UTC 2011

Thanks Greg,

great work by the way.

I could probably change the update-procedure which causes this problem in the first place, but just for the kick of it..

On 2011-06-23 15:45, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>> Is this a known issue? I can provide more information if someone could guide me through this.
>
> Yes, this is a known issue. Still not solved yet, but it's definitely the
> doubled entries that are causing the problem.
> updates to the same table within the same transaction. I don't recall
> the exact issue of the top of my head, but the bucardo_purge_delta function
> has some underlying assumption that one there is one entry in bucardo_delta
> for a transaction, a table, and a primary key. And that bucardo_track has a
> single txntime entry per remote target, e.g. matching the number in the
> bucardo_delta_targets table. Said assumptions wrong with multiple updates
> of course.

Does this mean the `bucardo.bucardo_purge_delta'-function needs a patch - since the `one entry in bucardo_delta'-assumption is wrong - or is bucardo creating a false precondition (e.g. creating duplicate entries in `bucardo.bucardo_delta')? By the way, the `bucardo.bucardo_track'-table has only /one/ entry (which does not get removed).

> Until someone fixes this, you can manually clear those out by simply removing
> all entries older than a certain date for that table, where "certain date" is
> older than the last known successful sync.

This is what I do at the moment. It's on a development-server - so not an imminent threat to me - but I would be glad to be of help.

/Kim