[Bucardo-general] Swap replication latency

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon May 2 03:52:05 UTC 2011

On 05/01/2011 09:36 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> You need to check your logs and follow a single KID process to see
> where all the time is being taken.

I've tried, but none of the operations I could infer were happening
from the log seem to profile as taking more than a trivial amount of
time on the main or secondary DB.  We're probably not the DB experts
we think we are, but we do grasp indexing, normalisation and query
planning pretty well.  We do have a few trigger cascades, but we run
very high-volume systems using this database at times (higher-volume
than the installation under discussion);  if any of the individual
queries were ever slow, we'd have a hard time not knowing that.

Does it help to turn up log verbosity?  Any other suggestions?

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC