[Bucardo-general] Swap replication latency

Joshua Tolley josh at endpoint.com
Wed May 4 22:26:50 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 04, 2011 at 12:34:35PM -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
> How does Bucardo deal with this?  I am realising just now that it may
> not.  Let's say I have table 'evariste_trans_events' on which a trigger
> cascade operates to turn it into single 'evariste_trans' rows.  The
> normal way this happens on the source database is that the application
> inserts rows into 'evariste_trans_events', and triggers machine that data
> into the appropriate representation in 'evariste_trans' as needed.  Most
> of the time, 'evariste_trans' will be UPDATE'd based on subsequent
> 'evariste_trans_events', although the initial event will cause an INSERT.

Bucardo puts triggers on all replicated tables. When your application's
triggers run and modify a replicated table, the bucardo triggers run and tag
those rows for replication. On the slave, Bucardo disables application
triggers, so it can replicate data from the master and not have your
application's triggers getting in the way.

--
Josh Tolley   josh at endpoint.com   801-987-0252
End Point Corporation  http://www.endpoint.com