[Bucardo-general] Swap replication latency

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed May 11 14:01:03 UTC 2011

On 05/11/2011 09:58 AM, David Christensen wrote:

> ISTR you had some user-defined triggers on these tables as well; what
> types of actions do these triggers perform?

Some business-layer logic leading to minor adjustments of values in
other tables.

However, this should be irrelevant, if I understood Rosser Schwarz
correctly here:

https://mail.endcrypt.com/pipermail/bucardo-general/2011-May/000984.html

Because the receiving side is the 'replica', user-space triggers do not
fire, right?  If they did, that would conflict with row-level deltas
from the tables those triggers (might, and in my case do) modify.

> Additionally, are thereany rules at play?

None.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC