[Bucardo-general] Swap replication latency

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed May 11 22:25:23 UTC 2011

On 05/09/2011 11:28 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

>> However, I really am at a dead end here.  I don't know what else to try.
>> Whenever statement volume goes beyond 2-3 inserts or updates/sec
>> (average), Bucardo can't keep up.
>
> The swap syncs in Bucardo 4 are not very optimized

I tried them with pushdelta, and they performed like a charm.  Each sync
fit into about 1-2 sec, if that.  Of course, some of that is not
surprising since it uses COPY rather than per-statement replication.

Still, how can swap be _many orders of magnitude_ faster than pushdelta?
  I'm literally talking about the difference between 2 sec vs. 15 min
replication cycle.  Surely something's broken?

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC