[Bucardo-general] Bucardo 5 has arrived!

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com
Fri May 13 04:15:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 12:08:49AM -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 05/13/2011 12:07 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>
> > * Much more efficient than the previous swap sync (2 masters).
>
> How much more efficient?  :-)

You tell us! :)

For starters, it doesn't pull back the entire row from the actual
data table. It also no longer does an update on the other end. The
new "swap" is really just like the old "pushdelta": grab a list of
distinct primary keys. Use that to delete rows from the target,
and then copy them from the source to the target. So the new
master-master simply does that process
twice, going both ways (as needed).

I'll post some benchmarks eventually. Super rough and quick testing
using pgbench shows it takes a cold Bucardo about 30 seconds to
sort out a five-master configuration with around 1000 rows of
changes to each one.

Greg Sabino Mullane greg at endpoint.com